THE FOLLOWING NOTICE EXPLAINS HOW YOUR MEDICAL INFORMATION MAY BE UTILIZED AND DISCLOSED, AS WELL AS HOW YOU CAN OBTAIN ACCESS TO IT. KINDLY READ IT THOROUGHLY.
At North Atlanta Women’s Care, we understand the sensitivity of our patient’s personal health information, and hence, we ensure complete compliance with HIPAA guidelines to protect your privacy and our integrity.
Here are some instances where we may utilize and reveal parts of your PHI without the need for your written authorization:
- To doctors, nurses, technicians, or other personnel, both within and outside our office, who are involved in your medical care and need the information to provide their services.
- When a release is mandated or permitted by law, including in judicial settings, health oversight regulatory agencies, and law enforcement.
- To external firms that help run our home care services, such as accounting, auditing, and other services provided by these "business associates."
- In emergencies, to avoid severe health or safety situations or to report abuse and neglect.
- To medical examiners, coroners, or funeral directors to aid them in carrying out their responsibilities.
- To organ, tissue, and other donation organizations after your death, provided that we have no indication of your donation preferences on hand.
- To a family member, relative, or other parties involved in your health care or payment thereof, unless you object.
- To contact you about appointment reminders, treatment alternatives, and other health-related benefits and services.
- To the sponsor of your health plan.
- If demanded by international, federal, state, or local law.
Except for the individuals and scenarios listed above, we will request your written authorization before utilizing or sharing your protected health information.
- Breach notification: If one of our business associates or we discover a breach of unsecured health information, including your medical information, we will notify you.
- Revocation of authorization: If you wish to revoke an authorization you have provided, please contact the HIPAA Privacy and Security Officer.
- Accounting: You may request an accounting of the disclosures made by us of your health information in the six years before your request by contacting the HIPAA Privacy and Security Officer.
- Notice of Privacy Practices: At your request, you can obtain an electronic or paper copy of updates or reissued versions of this notice by contacting the HIPAA Privacy and Security Officer.
- Complaints: If you wish to file a complaint with us, contact the HIPAA Privacy and Security Officer. You will not be penalized for doing so.
North Atlanta Women's Care is obligated by law to protect the privacy of your health information and provide you with a notice of our legal duties and privacy practices regarding health information. We must comply with the terms of this notice or any updated version of it. We reserve the right to modify the terms of this notice and to retroactively apply new provisions to all health information we maintain.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com